“I don’t have a clue what will happen in the summer. Obviously the move only happened a couple of days ago so I’m just concentrating on doing my best for Rangers.”Saturday’s 1-0 win moves the Ibrox club eight points clear of second-placed Hibernian, although the Edinburgh men have played a game less. King was a Championship title winner with Hearts last term and believes he can now help his new team repeat the feat this season. “To score the winner in the 89th minute, there is no better feeling,” said the Scotland Under-21 international. “It was a rare header for me – that’s probably the weakest part of my game. I’d only scored one goal with my head before and it was against Falkirk last season.“It’s a massive three points because it was a stuffy game and over the course of the season you are not going to play your best in every game. But the most important thing is to win. That’s what we did today. “I came in and trained for about 45 minutes. I’m still getting to know the boys here and to learn the philosophy. It was difficult because Hearts play a different style. “It will take me a few weeks to get into the swing of things and to know how the gaffer wants me to play. I won the title with Hearts but I play for Rangers now and want to help them win it this time.” He said: “I’ve only started seven league games this season for Hearts, that’s compared to last season when I started loads of games. “So I felt like I needed to get out because it was stalling my development. That’s when Rangers came along.“It all got sorted out in a day. I’m just glad to be here. I came on and got the winner so I’ve got off to a good start. “Hopefully I can keep playing and see what happens. The gaffer at Hearts gave me his best wishes when I left and told me he thought Rangers would be a good loan move for me. I’ve not really spoken to him since I’ve left though. Billy King explained why he was so keen on a move to Rangers, amid fears that his career was stalling at Hearts.The attacker joined Mark Warburton’s side on a loan until the end of the season earlier this week, and scored Rangers’ winner against Falkirk on his debut.Hearts say they expect to see the 21-year-old winger back in Edinburgh when the season closes but both the player and Rangers boss Mark Warburton have refused to rule out a permanent signing if he continues making the kind of impact he produced against the Bairns. For the meantime, though, King is just glad to be looking at a chance of regular first-team action after a frustrating season under Jambos boss Robbie Neilson.
Share This!Do you hear that cheering? It’s because today, 2020 Walt Disney World vacation packages are now on sale!Walt Disney World vacation packages are available to be booked for those who will be arriving for their Walt Disney World trips anytime from January 1 through December 31, 2020. One thing to keep in mind though is that the last day of your vacation cannot be booked more than 499 days in the future.2020 will be a great year to visit the Walt Disney World Resort. 2020 will include the official opening of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Plus, there a few rumored attractions that are slated to open in 2020 too.And for those who haven’t visited in 2019, 2020 will be a great time to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. (Also, it is expected that the Rise of the Resistance attraction will also be open by the beginning of 2020, so one more reason to book that vacation!)For those who are curious about purchasing tickets only, the most recent price increase happened back in March.Who else is ready to visit the Walt Disney World Resort next year?
The Fatted Calf and Ayutthaya: New restos worth the drive to Tagaytay Malditas save PH from shutout Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Jordan delivers on promise: 2 Cobra choppers now in PH Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims LATEST STORIES MRT 7 on track for partial opening in 2021 After 30 years, Johnlu Koa still doing ‘hard-to-make’ quality breads LaVar Ball wants son Lonzo to shoot more: ‘You’re not going to make it if you don’t take it’ But if his struggles continue throughout the season, Johnson said he might change his tone and help Ball become a more consistent shooter come next year.“Let him shoot the way he’s been shooting and hopefully they’ll go in. And so, we’re not gonna mess with it. We’re gonna let him shoot and play his game,” he stressed.“ If after the season, and he’s not shooting well, then we’ll sit down with him and say, ‘Hey, let’s maybe look at different way or let’s try to improve the way you are shooting.’” Khristian Ibarrola /raRELATED STORIES:Coach Luke Walton: It ‘would be silly’ to tinker with Lonzo Ball’s shooting styleADVERTISEMENT Although he recently became the youngest player to post a triple-double, the 20-year-old point guard currently averages a horrid 31 percent field goal shooting based on his past 10 games.Appearing on the talk show Mike & Mike, the Laker legend-turned-executive shared why he has no intentions of asking his playmaker to change his peculiar shooting form.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“We can break it down with him, but we don’t want to mess with his shot. He’s proven that he’s knocked that shot down. And we want to encourage him to keep shooting,” Magic said, as relayed by USA Today.“I think it’s a fine line because what you have to do is first, he’s been shooting that way his whole life. So what we wanted to do is let him play his game,” Magic added. Los Angeles Lakers draft pick Lonzo Ball, right, and Magic Johnson smile as they answer questions during the NBA basketball team’s news conference, Friday, June 23, 2017, in El Segundo, California. AP/Jae C. HongLonzo Ball attributes his early shooting woes as a psychological issue and it looks like Los Angeles Lakers President of Basketball Operations Earvin “Magic” Johnson agrees with him.READ: Lonzo Ball says ongoing shooting issues ‘just in my head’ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Dismay, disbelief as Italy miss World Cup for first time since 1958 View comments
The inevitable “Clint Chelf is quitting” rumor finally got rolling yesterday but it’s shelf life (Chelf life?) was fairly short. Here’s how it played out over, well, all of 70 minutes…https://twitter.com/OrangeFactor/status/375021569552437248To shoot down the rumor, Clint Chelf did not quit the #okstate team, spokesman says. I also saw him walk off practice field with the others.— Kelly Hines (@KellyHinesTW) September 3, 2013And thankfully our friends over at Orange Power are here to remind us not to start any ridiculous rumors based in nothing more than conjecture. Where would we be without them??Oh… http://t.co/iY0kfrvk9t RT @OrangePowerCom: Thou shalt ignore dumb internet rumors… and The Sports Animal.— Pistols Firing (@pistolsguys) September 4, 2013 Also, Chelf weighed in via Twitter after the chatter died down…@CowboysRFF @MikeClements @PCPokefan haha yeah that’s a pretty lousy rumor… Still here.— Clint Chelf (@Cchelf10) September 4, 2013And this tweet, this was the one that fascinated me….@SaviourxSelf don’t worry I will, this isn’t over by a long shot. Thank you for the support!— Clint Chelf (@Cchelf10) September 2, 2013It is, of course, a long season but it seems like Chelf is implying that there’s still a QB race going on — I’m not sure there is (though I don’t know what goes on at practice every day etc.) Maybe he’s just saying he’ll be ready if Walsh gets hurt — who knows?Whatever the case, I do think OKC Dave is right…https://twitter.com/okc_dave/status/375047675743178752If you’re looking for the comments section, it has moved to our forum, The Chamber. You can go there to comment and holler about these articles, specifically in these threads. You can register for a free account right here and will need one to comment.If you’re wondering why we decided to do this, we wrote about that here. Thank you and cheers!
The Strathmore Gardens Place of Safety in Spanish Town, St. Catherine, has received a facelift and much-needed supplies just in time for Christmas.On December 8, members of staff of the Real Estate Board (REB)/Commission of Strata Corporations, travelled to the facility’s Spanish Town location for a ‘work’ day and donation of items.They painted the entire building and handed over food, clothing and other essential supplies for the children.A privately owned and operated facility, Strathmore Gardens Place of Safety cares for children up to age 13. It provides early-childhood and special-needs education on-site through its Leigh’s Learning Centre.Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the REB, Sandra Watson Garrick, tells JIS News that the support was spearheaded by the Staff Engagement and Corporate Outreach (SECO) Committee, and is in keeping with the entity’s corporate social responsibility.She informs that in September, members of the SECO met with the staff and residents to identify the needs.“They invited us over and showed us their needs. We discovered that they had over 40 (children) in their care. We saw that their building really needed painting and they also needed some supplies,” she says.Mrs. Watson Garrick says a large box was placed in the lobby area of the Board’s Trafalgar Road head office to accept donations of tinned food, dried goods and other non-perishables, along with toiletries.“Staff were also asked to pick up additional items of groceries whenever they shopped and to place them in the box, which we gave to the home,” she told JIS News.Mrs. Watson Garrick says the employees were excited about the project and “everyone wanted to be involved”.She says the reaction of the children was very encouraging, noting that even the little ones wanted to get involved in the painting of the building.Mrs. Watson Garrick says the REB believes in giving back, and in February 2016, made a generous donation of food and toiletries to the St. Monica’s Home for the Elderly in White Marl, St. Catherine. The previous year, the entity paved a part of the yard at St. Monica’s.“Despite the fiscal constraints, we do make an attempt to assist socially in whatever small way we can. It is always important for us to realise that regardless of our own personal circumstances, there are those who are far more in need, and once we realise this, we must find a way to assist others, who are particularly vulnerable. That is the kind of organisational culture we want to build,” Mrs. Watson Garrick explained.She says consideration will be given to providing further assistance to the home.She is encouraging other corporate entities to support facilities like Strathmore Gardens, not only by donating money, but their time and efforts.“The need is great, and if children don’t feel like they have hope or are cared for, they become desperate. We want to give and give with all our hearts because it’s in the best interest of our children and our nation. It’s a good Christmas gift, but the real gift is ours as we got a real good feeling doing this,” she says.Head Supervisor at the Strathmore Gardens Place of Safety, Marcia Tucker, tells JIS News that she was overjoyed by the support to the home.“The children like when people come in to assist us and show them love. We are here every day, so when others come in and do something for them, it makes them feel good,” she adds.“Thank you very much for choosing Strathmore Gardens for your Christmas charity; we really appreciate what you have done,” she says.Ms. Tucker is encouraging others “to do the same, not just at Christmas time but throughout the year”.Inspector with the REB for more than 11 years, Patrick Clough, says the staff was happy to help.“It’s a wonderful project. Anything one can do for children is always great. Whatever we can do to enhance their lives we are willing to do, so it’s really a pleasure to be doing this,” he said.Annmarie, another member of staff, says she was proud of the decision by the management to undertake the project. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the REB, Sandra Watson Garrick, tells JIS News that the support was spearheaded by the Staff Engagement and Corporate Outreach (SECO) Committee, and is in keeping with the entity’s corporate social responsibility. The Strathmore Gardens Place of Safety in Spanish Town, St. Catherine, has received a facelift and much-needed supplies just in time for Christmas. A privately owned and operated facility, Strathmore Gardens Place of Safety cares for children up to age 13. It provides early-childhood and special-needs education on-site through its Leigh’s Learning Centre. Story Highlights