By ANEEKA SIMONIS POLICE nabbed an alleged drug trafficker in Pakenham in possession of a large amount of cash thought…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Boga knocked out his opponent Johnson Royce Rott from the Federated State of Micronesia.With the support and cheers from the home crowd, Boga knocked Rott out in the first round. Boga is now through to the semi finals.
Sterling, the most expensive English footballer in history, took just two minutes and 17 seconds to open his account for the big-spending English club.He showed his explosive pace to swoop on a defence-splitting pass from Kelechi Iheanacho to leave Roma goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis flailing and slot the ball into the empty net.While Sterling’s much-anticipated first appearance in the sky blue was the major talking point, the 2014 English Premier League champions showed plenty of attacking promise for the season ahead.The 20-year-old Jamaican-born Londoner completed his move to Manchester City from Liverpool last week in a five-year deal worth an initial £44 million that could rise to £49 million ($76 million).The Italians equalised just five minutes after Sterling’s strike in spectacular fashion. Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic let fly with a 20-metre thunderbolt into the top right corner.Sterling had a big shout for a penalty turned down when he was brought down by Alessandro Florenzi midway through the opening half, but Australian referee Jared Gillett waved play on.Roma had three quickfire scoring chances minutes before the break, with Vincent Kompany lunging to deny Francesco Totti, Eliaquim Mangala clearing another and unmarked Daniele De Rossi putting a header over the bar.Manager Manuel Pellegrini as expected took Sterling off at halftime along with the influential David Silva in wholesale changes, introducing Samir Nasri, Aleksandar Kolarov and Yaya Toure into the game.Nigerian teenager Iheanacho put Manchester City ahead again on 51 minutes when he zeroed in on an awful back pass by former England international Ashley Cole to coolly beat De Sanctis from close range.But Serbian Adem Ljajic threw the Italians a lifeline when he beat Joe Hart with his free-kick over the wall in the 87th minute to send the match into penalties.Hart proved Man City’s hero, with saves off Seydou Doumbia and Seydou Keita to get the English club home.Manchester City will attempt to go on and win the three-way ICC tournament when they take on ten-time European champions Real Madrid in the final match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Friday.Roma beat Real Madrid 7-6 on penalties after the opening ICC game finished scoreless at the MCG on Saturday.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Manchester City winger, Raheem Sterling, celebrates his debut goal against AS Roma in Melbourne on July 21, 2015. PHOTO/AFPMELBOURNE, July 17- Record signing Raheem Sterling took just over two minutes to score his debut goal as Manchester City downed AS Roma on penalties in the International Champions Cup in Melbourne on Tuesday.England goalkeeper Joe Hart made two late saves as Manchester City won 5-4 after the penalty shootout at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Williams says that as a Canadian he found the delays “troubling” but not relevant to the company in the next three to five years.Suncor is officially opening its Fort Hills oilsands mine on Monday as it works to add 10 percent to its production output this year and again in 2019.It has been ramping up production and beat its guidance by delivering Suncor’s share at 71,000 barrels per day, at lower than forecast cash operating costs. Suncor owns a 43.11 percent interest in the open-pit and shovel mine, Total has 24.58 percent and Teck 21.31 percent. NEW YORK, N.Y. – The head of Suncor Energy Inc. says Canada’s largest oil and gas producer won’t move ahead with additional crude production expansions until there’s physical progress on getting pipelines approved.Chief executive Steve Williams told a Barclays investor conference in New York that recent judicial rulings affecting Keystone XL and Trans Mountain pipeline don’t have any short-term impacts on Suncor’s ability to get its product to market.But he says further production expansions won’t be approved next year and into 2020 until there is more clarity on the fate of pipelines.- Advertisement -Williams says he’ll wait to see “physical progress on the ground” before he commits to them.The Federal Court of Appeal last week reversed a cabinet decision to allow Trans Mountain construction to go ahead.A U.S. federal judge earlier ordered the U.S. State Department to conduct a more thorough review of the Keystone XL oil pipeline’s proposed pathway after Nebraska state regulators changed the route.Advertisement
Motorists were advised to drop off passengers at LAX Parking Lot B, at 111th Street and La Cienega Boulevard, or Parking Lot C, at 96th Street and Sepulveda Boulevard. The passengers can take the free airport shuttle buses to the terminals. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! A stretch of northbound Sepulveda Boulevard, near Los Angeles International Airport, closed because of a ruptured 36-inch water main, is expected to be reopened by noon today, a Department of Water and Power official said. The burst created a geyser and sinkhole that prompted the closure of an offramp off the Glenn Anderson (105) Freeway about 9:20 yesterday and the detour of traffic at the airport entrances. The offramp has since been reopened. The problem developed about 100 feet south of the intersection of Sepulveda and Century boulevards, Carol Tucker of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power said. Crews had shut off the main by about 10:40 a.m. yesterday, and were working to make repairs, she said. All four northbound lanes on Sepulveda Boulevard near Century Boulevard have been closed. They are expected to reopen around noon today, according to Jeff Bray, a DWP assistant district superintendent. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The ruptured main was installed in 1936, according to another DWP official. Nancy Suey Castles of Los Angeles World Airports said yesterday airport traffic was affected as follows: — Traffic heading north on Sepulveda Boulevard was being diverted east onto Imperial Highway, north onto Aviation Boulevard and west onto Century Boulevard to reach LAX or areas north of the airport. — Motorists can also drive west on Imperial Highway to northbound Pershing Drive, to eastbound Westchester Parkway, to eastbound Lincoln Boulevard, to southbound Sepulveda Boulevard to enter LAX. — And motorists heading south on the San Diego (405) Freeway can exit at Howard Hughes Parkway and go south on Sepulveda Boulevard.
1 Wayne Rooney Jose Mourinho dropped Wayne Rooney to the bench for Manchester United’s meeting with Leicester on Saturday lunchtime.The England captain has endured a disappointing start to the campaign, scoring just once in eight games for club and country and looking way short of his best.And United fans weren’t exactly disappointed with the decision to leave the 30-year-old out against the champions.In fact, the majority of the Old Trafford faithful welcomed the move, with some even suggesting he was lucky to make the bench!Check out some of the best Twitter reaction to Mourinho axing Rooney.,..
Mauricio Pochettino believes his Tottenham side can still catch Premier League leaders Chelsea despite losing to their title rivals in their FA Cup semi-final.The Argentinian was proud more than disappointed after the defeat, speaking glowingly about his side’s efforts having downplayed the potential knock-on effect in the title race.“I feel proud because we played very well,” he said. “We played with personality and character, and we dominate a team that played well.“We forced them to play deeper and play on the counter-attack and in transition, but that is football, too.“We congratulate them and now we try to fight for the Premier League, to try to catch them. That is our objective.”Pochettino was unruffled by defeat and the manner of it, but was understandably emotional when reflecting on the shock death of Ugo Ehiogu.Spurs’ under-23 coach died ahead of the semi-final at the age of 44 – a loss that has shocked the footballing world.“It was Friday, it was a big shock for us all,” Pochettino said. “We were on the training ground.“It’s a big impact because he was a person that was very close to us and in that moment you realise the real life.“It is true we are fighting to play and win games, but it is all relative after this type of situation.“One more time, I want to send all of my condolence to the family and friends from all the Tottenham family. It is a big loss for us.”
1 Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren Dejan Lovren has branded death threats made against his family as “disgusting”.The Liverpool and Croatia defender – in the news of late after questionable performances – shared the threat on his Instagram story.Lovren posted a direct message he had received from a user which read “I’m gonna murder ur family u Croatian p****”.The 28-year-old captioned it with “horrible what kind of people we have” before adding in a second image: “I don’t mind when people talk s*** about me, it says more about them!“But I cannot ignore when my family is threatened. I just can’t and won’t accept that. Disgusting.”Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp last week defended his player after substituting him just 31 minutes into a 4-1 loss at Tottenham.The performance drew heavy criticism and Klopp said: “I don’t wish one of you to have your mistakes discussed in public. You cannot even imagine how it feels.“The boys are in the first place still human beings but you look like you are watching an accident and you are the kind of people standing around with smartphones instead of helping. I’m not this kind of person.“We had a normal week. Of course it’s not the nicest week in Dejan’s life but it’s only football. People don’t become a better or a worse person through making a mistake in a football game.“If I think about Dejan, I have much more positive things than negative things.”
Everton have appointed former England manager Sam Allardyce as their new manager, the club have announced.Allardyce has been out of work since May when he left Crystal Palace after guiding them to Premier League safety and has joined the Toffees on an 18-month deal.The 63-year-old said he wanted to take a break from the game but the opportunity at Goodison Park has proved too good to turn down.“The attraction of the club itself, the people I’ve known at the Club – Peter Reid is one of my best mates, so are Andy Gray and Paul Bracewell whom I worked with at Sunderland – these people have always made me aware of just how special and unique a club Everton is and I feel really enthused and energised to come in as manager,” Allardyce said in a club statement. “I’ve always thought Everton was a great club. It is a great club. Obviously, the club has gone through a difficult spell and hopefully I can put that behind us as quickly as possible and start looking upwards again.“Because, ultimately, it’s the ambition of the Club, the ambition of the Owner and the Board, allied to the fact that it’s Everton and all the fantastic history, which have proved to be key for me.“We’ve got to try to keep our heads up and push ourselves until we make sure we get that better. The fans are the most important people at any football club, of course, and we have to give the players every possibility to play to their best, really give them no excuses for not playing to their best and get them right back up to the top level we believe they’re capable of.”
The first meeting of the new Kilcar Parish Council took place last Thursday night the 1st of June. The officers of the new council were elected on the night and are as follows. Chairperson: Linda Lyons. Assistant Chairperson: Bobby Cunningham. Treasure: Ethna Byrne/ Barbara Hegarty. Secretary: Trevor Mc Brearty. Assistant Secretary: Linda Boyle. PRO: Ciaran Cannon.The next Parish Council meeting will take place in the Aislann Chill Chartha on July the 6th commencing at 8:30pm. The Parish Council have set up the following Subcommittee’s, Tidy Towns, Tourism, Heritage, Cultural and Gaeltacht, Infrastructure, Children and playground, Finance and fund-raising, Health, Youth and finally the Festival Committee.Members of the Parish Council were appointed to these Subcommittee’s at Thursday’s meeting and members of the public are welcome to join these Subcommittees.They can do so by attending the July monthly meeting which takes place in the Aislann Chill Chartha on July the 6th commencing at 8.30pm.New Kilcar Parish Council seeks new members was last modified: June 5th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Kilcar Parish Council